Sunday, March 23, 2014

You've Taken Over Our World!

You're here! And you've taken over your dad and my whole world in the best possible way! How did you get here? Here is your story...

Monday, March 10th we ventured into Omaha at 8pm with our bags packed and ready to meet you by the following day! You were really comfortable being in my tummy and our doctor wanted you out before you hit 41 weeks. As we settled in to our cozy delivery room, I was given some medicine to hopefully speed up the process and get meet you sooner! 

While waiting for the medicine to work your dad and I watched the Bachelor finale, some college wrestling and flipped through the channels to see if we could find anything good. 

By 11pm I was having contractions, but having too many for your little body to handle so they had to slow them down..by 4am...they were back up again and I was having to roll over on my side and wear an oxygen mask because you kept rolling over your umbilical cord (it only had 2 vessels, so you were carefully monitored the whole pregnancy as well as that night). I laid on my side, watching your heart beat count go back and forth, at 6am you gave us a scare and it dropped to 40 beats per minute. I was scared and so was your dad. Our nurse came back in along with many more. She called my doctor who spoke to me on the phone and told me that she was coming in and we were going to have a baby....very soon. She was completely calm, which ensured me that you and I were going to be just fine. 

The next 20 minutes flew by...dad was put in scrubs....I had to drink some disgusting drink as they carted us off to the OR...they put a shot in my back to numb me...and then they laid me down. Your sweet dad helped them put my arms out and strap me down. Your dad loves us very much and in all the commotion he moved his chair to the back of the room, sat down, and passed out. I can't imagine how scary that must have been for him. After I threw up a few times (either from the nasty drink or the shot I'm guessing), my doctor asked me if I could feel anything...I said no, and the next thing I know you were screaming!! You were born at 6:32am! Completely healthy. By this time dad was back in the room and was able to see them clean you up and staple me closed. 

This is where this got foggy for me...I remember feeling extremely tired and asked the nurse if that was normal. Being up all night, the excitement, and the craziness had taken a lot out of me. When wheeling me out of the OR I remember trying so hard to keep my eyes open. I could hear your dad and then vaguely remember being in the recovery room. I just remember being so happy!!!


 Here is a photo of your dad holding you in the recovery room, Your tag on your bed, our family of 3 and a picture right after you were born! 7lb 13oz and 20 3/4 inches long! 


That day up till Friday was filled with lots of visitors, nurse checkups, pain medication, sleepless nights because we just wanted to stare at you, and LOTS of cuddling! Daddy was wonderful and changed all your diapers while we were at the hospital since it was hard for me to get in and out of the bed. He was a rock star! 

We took you home on Friday. We were so excited yet terrified to be without the support of the wonderful nursing staff we had! After buckling you up in the car seat (which you did not enjoy) you quickly calmed down and were asleep before we were even out of the hospital! 

At home has been an adventure so far! You make lots of funny noises, eat A TON, sleep when you feel like sleeping which isn't at night and make lots of dirty diapers :) Here are few of our favorite photos from the past week! 

Dad playing with you!
 Your first St. Patrick's Day
Your MONSTER feet
Giggles and a first walk outside!  


You and daddy at your first doctor's appointment! 5 days old! 


Making silly faces with Mommy
Sporting some animal print and a FULL belly! 

 Kisses and Cuddling with Daddy

 This is just too cute! Blowing kisses! 

Some more sleepy time! We just love your cheeks!


I have SO much more to tell you about our first weeks at home, but for tonight I am going to leave it at this! Time for a diaper changer, pj's and Good Night Moon







No comments:

Post a Comment